MSLIS, MS Organic Chemistry
E-Resources Management Librarian
What are your main duties at your library?
E-Resources Management Duties:
- Provide access to all of Buswell Library’s online resources, including cataloging these resources, maintaining our link resolver system, and managing the library’s EZ Proxy system.
- Oversee our print journal collection, including cataloging, processing, and binding.
- Gather and report usage statistics for our online resources
- Serve as liaison to the following academic areas on campus: Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Math, and Physics, which includes teaching information literacy to student in those areas.
- Maintain and select for the library’s print and electronic collection for the above liaison areas.
What do you like best about your job?
I love the variety that comes with being an E-Resources Librarian. Each day brings about a different issue or problem that needs to be solved. I also love the balance that being a subject liaison brings to my work. It helps me think about our collections from a different perspective.
What are you working on now that you’re excited about?
Aren’t we all super excited about the upcoming migration to Alma/Primo VE? I am currently working on getting our data ready for the migration to Alma/Primo VE. I am parsing through our SFX instance and Voyager records for our electronic items to make sure they are ready for migration.
Why did you decide to become a librarian?
After many years of working as a chemist in the pharmaceutical industry, I needed a career change and began working in the circulation department of my local public library. The more I worked in and learned about the library world, the more I knew this was the field I wanted to be in. After working at the public library for about 3 years, I decided to go back to school and get my MSLIS. Entering library school, I always knew that I wanted to work in technical services but thought I would end up being a cataloger. It wasn’t until I took an E-Resources course that it came together for me, and after that class I knew I wanted to pursue a career in E-Resources.
What are you reading, watching, or listening to right now?
I am currently reading What it Seems by Emily Bleeker, one of my favorite local authors. I am currently watching anything on Disney+, New Amsterdam, and Grey’s Anatomy.
Any LIBRAS member may nominate another member to be featured in the LIBRAS Member Spotlight. To nominate a colleague, please submit the LIBRAS Member Spotlight Nomination Form.