The 2020 LIBRAS Annual Meeting took place virtually on May 20. Although COVID-19 shifted the LIBRAS Annual Meeting to a virtual setting, attendance remained strong. Simultaneous attendance peaked at 54 members, though actual attendance is suspected to be slightly higher as some members came late and others had to leave early for other commitments.
The meeting reviewed highlights of our organization from 2019-2020, including:
- Partnerships with UIUC iSchool, CARLI, & RAILS
- Sponsorship of Chicago Research Summit & CARLI’s 40th Anniversary Celebration
- Continued Value of LKEs & the move to Virtual LKEs in response to the Pandemic
- Review of Professional Development Awards and Impact
- Budget Report
- Melvin R. George Award
- NEW SIG for Returning to Physical Spaces
- NEW Featured Projects in LIBRAS Libraries
- NEW Member Spotlight
- CARLI & RAILS Updates
For more details on these topics, please review the linked meeting minutes.