Reference & Instruction Librarian
Concordia University Chicago (CUC) invites applications for the Reference & Instruction Librarian position. This position is responsible for providing reference assistance and bibliographic instruction, supporting classroom instruction, coordinator and leader of reference desk coverage, collection development, and promoting library electronic and print materials and services to the CUC community.
This position reports directly to the Director of the University Library and is located in River Forest, IL. The schedule is Sunday through Thursday 11:30 AM – 8:00 PM.
- Provide research assistance and bibliographic instruction to library patrons at the reference desk
- Primary contact for providing classroom instruction and when overbooking occurs, collaborate with the library team to ensure reference coverage
- Connect with faculty to improve library relationship to promote services and resources
- Share collection development responsibilities with other librarians
- In cooperation with other librarians, serve as library liaison with academic departments
- Plan and design Libguides for the CUC community
- Candidates must be committed to the mission and identity of Concordia University Chicago. Additionally, they must profess values congruent with the teachings of the Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod (LCMS).
- Understanding of learning styles and effective teaching pedagogy
- Ability to apply technology to teaching and research support
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and organizational skills
- General familiarity with disciplines included in Concordia University Chicago curriculum
- Exhibits a service mentality toward all stakeholders
- All communication with stakeholders is effective, professional, accurate, and timely
- Improves work performance and that of others by being receptive to and appropriately sharing information
Minimum Experience Required:
Required: At least one year of reference and bibliographic instruction experience in an academic setting
Preferred: At least two years of bibliographic instruction experience in an academic setting
A Master’s degree in library and information science (MLS/MLIS) from an ALA accredited institution is required for this position.