Concordia University Chicago invites applications for the full-time, exempt position of Technical Services Librarian. This position is located in River Forest, IL and reports to the Director of Library Services.
- Oversees the ordering, receiving, processing, and payment of collection materials.
- Responsible for original and copy cataloging.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of the Alma library system and WorldCat Discovery.
- Serves as the liaison with CARLI and OCLC.
- Develops and maintains acquisitions and cataloging policies and procedures.
- Supervises binding and preservation.
- Trains and supervises student assistants for technical services projects.
- Serves as collection development library liaison with academic departments.
- Participates in the reference desk coverage.
- Knowledge of acquisitions and cataloging practices in an automated environment.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others.
Minimum Experience Required:
A minimum of three years cataloging experience in an academic library; one year library acquisitions experience.
MLS degree from ALA-accredited institution.
For more information and how to apply, visit: https://www.railslibraries.info/jobs/191435