Access Services Specialist (Elmhurst University)
Responsible for various library circulation functions including: daytime interlibrary loan functions, Voyager catalog maintenance tasks and all aspects of bindery processing and Course Reserves
Major Access Services Responsibilities
- Supervises the library circulation desk, including providing support and training to student workers.
- Scheduling student workers.
- Executes Library Opening/Closing procedures.
- Provides front line customer service to all Library patrons, including all responsibilities of the Evening/Weekend Circulation Clerk.
- Works as part of the Interlibrary Loan team to request and receive materials through I-Share and OCLC.
- Evaluates copyright consideration of Interlibrary Loan requests.
- Manages OCLC overdue and billing process.
- Coordinates integration of course-related items from both library and professor collections into Course Reserves maintained for student access.
- Coordinates and manages Textbook Collection.
Major Technical Services Responsibilities
- Prepares and processes all library materials to be bound; receives and processes materials when they return from the bindery; enters bound volumes in Alma.
- Track periodicals through system.
- Withdraws deaccessioned materials and expired eresources from the library’s collection in Alma and sends reports to Head of Technical Services.
- Some copy cataloguing responsibilities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs circulation desk functions, including material check-in and check-out, study room reservations.
- Edits bibliographic, holding and item records to ensure library catalogue is displaying accurate information.
- Compiles statistics on library space usage, including gate and seat counts.
- Participates in other phases of library services as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or LTA, with prior library experience.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and database applications.
- Ability to perform accurate and detailed work.
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
Familiarity with I-Share, Alma, PrimoVE and OCLC ILL
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements
Employee is subject to indoor work, protected from weather conditions. Work is sedentary in nature and involves exerting up to 40 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently/constantly in order to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move object.
Hours Sunday through Thursday
Hours M-TH 9:00 – 5:00, SU 12:00 – 8:00
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please be aware that as a continued emphasis on keeping our community safe and healthy, we will require all faculty, staff, and students to submit verification of full vaccination for COVID-19.
Please provide 3 references, including name, phone number and email. This may be included in applicant’s cover letter or optional “other” document.
Elmhurst University is a leading institution of higher education that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst University offers more than 70 undergraduate majors, 15 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst University is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the University’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst University is an EO Employer. Elmhurst University prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To learn more and to apply, visit: https://elmhurst.simplehire.com/postings/1466