Position Title: Instruction and E-Resources Librarian
Judson University, Elgin, IL
The Instruction and E-Resources Librarian collaborates with faculty to design, promote, teach, and assess information literacy across all programs at Judson University. The Instruction and E-Resources Librarian is dually responsible for maintaining the library’s patron-facing electronic resources such as the library website, Primo VE, and online databases. This is a full-time, non-tenure track, 12-month faculty position that reports to the Library Director.
- Create, maintain, and assess an information literacy curriculum
- Collaborate with faculty regarding the information literacy curriculum
- Teach the majority of the library’s information literacy sessions
- Create and maintain online guides, video tutorials, and class handouts
- Oversee the functions of the Research Assistance Desk
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot functionality of the library’s electronic resources
- Work with Judson’s Webmaster to develop and update the library’s web pages
- Support the mission and goals of the University and the library
- Promote a positive, Christ-centered work environment
- Use effective pedagogical practices and universal design to meet the needs of Judson University’s diverse community
- Serve on campus committees
- Attend faculty meetings and events
- Attend library department meetings
- Pursue professional development
- Assist in the selection of books, journals, databases, and other library resources
- Hire, train, and supervise student employees that work at the Research Assistance Desk
- Participate in additional library projects, library events, and campus events, as needed
- Communicate and enforce library policies and procedures
- The minimum educational requirement for this position is a master’s degree in library science (or its equivalent), from an ALA-accredited institution
- Teaching or training experience is required
- Advanced computer literacy is required
- Possess a commitment to Christ-centered Christian higher education
- Demonstrate an active and growing Christian faith
- Model excellent customer service
- Be approachable and personable
- Possess critical thinking and problem-solving habits
- Have a love of learning
- Willing to teach in-person and online. On occasion, in-person instruction may be at Judson’s remote campus in Rockford
- Ability to flex schedule to teach daytime, evening, and weekend classes when advance notice of the classes is provided
Rank and salary based on qualifications, education, and work experience.
Applicants must provide a complete application packet including:
- Letter of application
- Faculty application (available at https://www.judsonu.edu/About/Employment/Faculty_Positions/Instruction_and_E-Resources_Librarian)
- Curriculum vitae, and
- Unofficial transcripts of both undergraduate and graduate work (official transcripts will be required upon hiring)
Please submit all application materials to: Mrs. Christina Cariello, Executive Assistant to the Provost, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The position will remain open until filled. Ideally, the appointment will begin during Summer 2022.
About Judson University
Judson University is a Christian institution representing the Church at work in higher education. Its campus is located along the picturesque Fox River in the city of Elgin just 45 miles northwest of Chicago. Judson is home to over 1,200 students from 36 states and 26 countries. We offer more than 50 undergraduate majors, minors, and pre-professional programs; 7 master’s degrees and 3 doctoral programs.
Judson University has an established policy of equal academic and employment opportunity. This policy is applied to all qualified students, employees, and applicants for admission or employment, in all University programs and activities, without unlawful discrimination based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age disability, or military or veteran status.