WRITING CENTER COORDINATOR
Lake Forest College seeks a full-time, 10 – 12-month Coordinator for its popular Writing Center, as part of the thriving Center for Academic Success. The Coordinator will have the opportunity to join a dynamic team at an exciting moment and will help build upon years of steady growth and success. The Coordinator hires, trains, and supervises a staff of approximately 20 student tutors holding approximately 200 appointments per year, provides professional tutoring services to undergraduates, teaches introductory courses in the College’s Writing Program, First Year Studies Program, or Student Success Program, and contributes to overall student success and retention. The Writing Center supports the First-Year Studies writing program, the writing intensive course curriculum, and student success program.
Successful candidates will have experience tutoring or teaching in a college writing center or program. Candidates with additional credentials or experience in library science and instruction will be strongly considered as part of a key partnership with the Donnelley and Lee Library. A background working in liberal arts colleges preferred.
About the Center for Academic Success (CAS): CAS helps students commit to their intellectual and personal growth through maximizing their learning opportunities, resulting in on-time graduation and future success. CAS provides one-on-one academic support, course schedule and academic policy advice, access to tutoring and other campus services, learning accessibility services for students with disabilities, and mentorship to help students meet their personal and academic goals.
- Master’s Degree in composition, library science, or related field
- A demonstrated commitment to student success and to higher education innovation
- College-level teaching or tutoring experience or supervision of professional writing teams/projects
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools
- Proven ability to manage large projects and work in team-based work cultures.
- Background in student mentorship, development, and supervision
- Interest in working with students from culturally diverse backgrounds
How to Apply
For information about the application process, visit: https://foresternet.lakeforest.edu/offices-and-departments/human-resources/writing-center-coordinator/writing-center-coordinator