Library Associate (PT) (Lake Forest College)
The Library Associate performs a variety of duties in support of the daily operation of the Library. Fostering customer service excellence, this position is responsible for planning, coordination, and supervision of the student workers and access service activities.
- Supervise and support evaluation of Access Service student workers.
- Provides services and assistance to library users, including charging/discharging materials, maintaining borrower accounts, explaining policies and procedures, answering questions, and referring patrons to other departments in the library or on campus as needed.
- Support provision of reserve materials, including management of requested content.
- In coordination with supervisor, implement policies and procedures for borrowing, lending, and evaluation/development of changes.
- Performs other duties and functions requested.
- High School/GED, some college preferred.
- Experience working in Access Services or other education related support services role.
- Demonstrated Supervisory and mentoring experience.
- Ability to foster excellence in centering equity and inclusion in work with students, in management practice.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite & Teams.
- Excellent customer service ethic including creative problem solving and ability to communicate clearly.
- Ability to learn new technologies and incorporate them into existing operations.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Sustain an affirming, creative, collaborative, and ethical work environment, fostering respect among a diverse student library staff.
- Computer, phone, barcode scanner, flatbed scanner/copier, printers, tablet iPad), book cart, step stool.
- Ability to lift items weighing as much as 30 lbs. Ability to carry, lift, and shelve books and equipment. Ability to push full book carts. Tolerance for exposure to dust and mold on books and shelves. Ability to perform office tasks such as sitting or standing, moving, computing, and answering phone for moderate to prolonged periods combined with moderate reaching, bending, and lifting.
- Foster a thriving work environment and a user-focused commitment to accessibility in support of Lake Forest’s commitment to acting as an anti-racist institution.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Patrick Hussey, Access & Outreach Librarian (firstname.lastname@example.org) . Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 40 states and 70 countries. Lake Forest College is one of the most diverse small colleges in the Midwest, with nearly 40% of our student body comprised of domestic minority and international students. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.50 – $16.50 per hour