Electronic Resources and Reference Librarian
The Jennie Huizenga Memorial Library at Trinity Christian College seeks a versatile and collaborative full-time Electronic Resources and Reference Librarian. The Electronic Resources and Reference Librarian is responsible for managing and evaluating all aspects of the library’s electronic resources. Additionally, this service-oriented position provides reference services to facilitate the use of library resources and develop the information literacy skills of Trinity’s students. This position requires strong interpersonal communication and a basic understanding of the systems and functions that undergird a robust academic library.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage all electronic resources, including databases, electronic journals/serials, library OPAC, streaming videos, and e-books. This includes such tasks as troubleshooting common problems, updating the link resolver system, overseeing and improving the quality of records, coordinating batch loads, communicating with vendors, and working with IT to manage the library proxy server.
- Oversee implementation for the local system administration of all library software installations.
- Compile statistics, extract and organize data, and create reports for analysis.
- Respond to reference questions from faculty, staff, students, and others.
- Participate in the planning, implementation, and assessment of projects, policies, and procedures to improve library services.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends, resources, and technology related to electronic resources and the library broadly.
- Participate in service activities and college committees as assigned.
- Supervise and train student workers as needed.
- Perform other professional library duties as prescribed by the Library Director.
- Oversee cataloging processes and perform original cataloging.
- Provide library instruction.
- Provide guidance and leadership regarding open access publications and open educational resources.
- Participate in planning, updating, and organization of archives.
- A Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited library/information science program. Related experience or training may be considered.
- Professional experience with or knowledge of electronic resources is strongly desired, but not required.
- Knowledge of and experience with ExLibris’ Alma/Primo, OCLC Connexion, and EZProxy as well as a basic understanding of MARC records is strongly desired.
- Excellent skills in communication, including the ability to communicate about technical issues with non-technical audiences.
- A strong attention to detail.
Trinity Christian College seeks candidates that have a personal faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, and a sincere commitment to the mission of the college. Trinity welcomes a response from candidates with varied and diverse backgrounds. Applications from recent library school graduates are welcome as well.
This position will remain open until filled. However, applications received by August 9, 2021 will receive first consideration. Applicants should be prepared to upload the following during the online application process:
- A cover letter detailing the candidate’s interest in working at Trinity
- Professional resume or CV
- A written statement that describes your Christian faith commitment and how it is expressed through involvement with the body of Christ and participation in a local church
This position may require some occasional evening work. Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.