Trinity Christian College is seeking applicants for the position of Director of the Jennie Huizenga Memorial Library.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Administrative staff holding faculty status as a member of the faculty association. Provides strategic leadership and vision for all functions of the library in collaboration with other departments and instructional assistance in support of the College’s mission. Serves as a primary advocate for the library. Responsible for all management functions of budget, personnel, and planning. Responsible for the overall shape of the library’s collections, including electronic and special collections.
Job schedule: 8 AM – 5 PM Monday – Friday; some evening and weekend hours may be required
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Provides leadership for the library, including all services, programs, collections, staffing, budget, and facilities, as well as overseeing a small college archive and Chicago Area Dutch Heritage archive.
- Ensures the provision of effective and innovative library services, including research, instruction, access, information fluency, learning spaces, and technologies.
- Provides strategic guidance for the development of library collections, including assessment, purchasing, leasing, and deaccessioning.
- Advocates for library needs, budget, and strategy; plans for, allocates, and manages financial and other resources effectively.
- Hires, evaluates, coaches, and promotes the professional development of non-student library staff.
- Serves as the primary public face of the library with faculty, administration, and external clients.
- Recommends, interprets, and implements library policies and procedures.
- Participates in professional scholarly and service activities for the college and external bodies.
- Provides reference service, access, and course instruction as needed.
For the full job description and how to apply, visit: https://recruiting.ultipro.com/TRI1019/JobBoard/bd647f8c-5e03-56fc-2f15-83cdd98030de/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=e9aafb66-bcfb-4f9e-b655-df4c543eda52