Position: Interlibrary Loan Coordinator
Location: Wheaton, IL
Job Id: 745
# of Openings: 1
This position is responsible for implementation of all aspects of interlibrary loan, including borrowing materials from other libraries for current Wheaton College students, staff, and faculty members, as well as overseeing the lending of Wheaton materials to other libraries. The Interlibrary Loan Coordinator reports to the Circulation Services Supervisor and supervises student workers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes interlibrary loan requests for physical items and digital files in library software systems; verifies bibliographic citations; conducts internet and database searches; communicates with requestors as needed.
- Manages receipt of incoming items from other libraries, including processing, paperwork generation, and preparations for delivery to requestor; processes the return of borrowed items in the library software systems and supervises the preparation and physical shipment of items back to lending libraries.
- Trains and supervises student employees.
- Trains the Access Services Assistant in ILL workflows and provides oversight for the entire interlibrary loan process, including the lending and borrowing of materials to and from other libraries.
- Communicates with other libraries and local borrowers regarding overdues, renewals, and related matters.
- Prepares monthly interlibrary loan-related reports and statistics; prepares and sends bills for lost ILL items.
- Assists in other Access Services activities as needed.
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or four years of customer related or detail-oriented work experience
- Prior library experience preferred
- Familiarity with I-Share, Alma, PrimoVE, ILLiad and/or OCLC ILL a plus
- High accuracy with details, data, and workflow procedures
- Valid driver’s license required
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds, to push or pull wheeled carts loaded with books, and to correctly distinguish letters and numbers printed on physical books and labels.
FLSA Status–Non Exempt
As a Christ-centered community, Wheaton College faculty and staff must affirm the College’s Statement of Faith as expressing their own theological convictions and agree to live by the moral standards in Wheaton’s Community Covenant, modeling these commitments for the Christian formation of our students. Wheaton College faculty and staff also support the Christ-Centered Diversity Commitment which highlights our desire to treat all individuals as equal image-bearers of Jesus Christ through diversity, inclusion, justice and unity.
Updated (Sept 2021)