Guidelines and Procedures
To encourage scholarship by assisting LIBRAS members with funds for research and publication.
Amount of Grant:
$300.00 paid to the grant recipient, contingent on available funds
Number of Grants:
LIBRAS will award up to 1 grant per membership year
How to Apply:
Complete the attached application form and mail to the LIBRAS Past President/Continuing Education Coordinator (address can be found on the LIBRAS website).
August 15 of current calendar year
- Currently employed by a LIBRAS library
- Research to be conducted in library and information science field
- Have not received previous LIBRAS funding for research or publication for the same research or publishing initiative. (LIBRAS will provide funds for new initiatives by candidates who have received previous funding.)
- Candidates must make a written application on the attached form.
- Only those candidates whose completed applications (including all necessary supplementary material) meet the August 15 deadline will be considered.
- Each applicant will be notified of the action taken on the application within 30 days of its consideration by the LIBRAS Grant Review Committee.
- Final selection or rejection of the applicants rests with the LIBRAS Executive Committee.
Conditions of Grant:
- Must show proof of scholarly activity (e.g. manuscript to post on LIBRAS website, conference program where presentation was made, etc.) by the end of the second year (June 30) after grant is given. A presentation to the LIBRAS membership at either the annual meeting or an appropriate SIG meeting is expected .
- Any unused grant funds must be returned to LIBRAS at the end of the grant period.
- If, for any reason, the recipient is unable to complete the research, the recipient must refund the total amount of money received.
Recipients can expect to receive their grant payment no later than October 15 of the membership year
September 15 to June 30