PRIMARY PURPOSE/ POSITION SUMMARY:
The full time position provides leadership of effective access services including reference, interlibrary loan, circulation, and stacks maintenance services. Faculty Librarians have reference, collection development, instruction, and general faculty responsibilities.
JOB COMPONENTS/PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the daily, evening and weekend operations of access services including reference, circulation, interlibrary loan, reserves, and stacks maintenance services.
- Supervises full-time and part-time circulation staff, and part-time reference librarians.
- Supervises training and scheduling of library student employees at all service desks.
- Mentors, trains, and supervises Library graduate reference assistants.
- Manages reference services and participates in the library’s instruction program.
- Maintains collegial relationships with libraries in the CARLI and LIBRAS consortia.
- Develops the Open Educational Resource collection
- Fulfill faculty librarian responsibilities in accordance with the Faculty Handbook
- Participates in the collection development program per the collection development policy.
- Teach one-three credit course per academic year
- Actively participate in the Dominican University shared governance by serving on committees, cross-campus teams, working groups, or other initiatives that advances the university’s mission
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, student learning, creativity, and teaching excellence
- Performs other duties as requested, delegated, or assigned.