Applications for the LIBRAS Professional Development Grant are now being accepted. Please note: the deadline for application acceptance has been extended to August 31, 2011.
Link to application: http://libras.org/resources/continuing-education
LIBRAS Professional Development Grant
To assist LIBRAS members in furthering their formal library education at the LTA, masters or doctoral level.
Amount of Grant:
$500.00 paid to the grant recipient contingent on available funds
Number of Grants:
LIBRAS will award up to 3 grants per membership year
How to Apply:
Complete the application form and mail/email to
LIBRAS Past President/Continuing Education Coordinator
7900 W. Division St.
River Forest, Illinois, 60305.
August 15 of current calendar year (Please note – the deadline for 2011-2012 applications has been extended to August 31, 2011).
- Currently employed by a LIBRAS library, either full or part-time
- Have approval of library director to apply for grant
- Acceptance into an LTA program, master’s degree program of an American Library Association accredited graduate library school, or doctoral degree program of an American Library Association accredited graduate library school
- Compliance with the entrance requirements of the selected institution
- Have not received this LIBRAS grant previously for the same program
- Candidates must make a written application using the form found at http://libras.org/resources/continuing-education
- Only those candidates whose completed applications (including all necessary supplementary material) meet the deadline will be considered.
- Each applicant will be notified of the action taken on the application within 30 days of its consideration by the LIBRAS Grant Review Committee.
- Final selection or rejection of the applicants rests with the LIBRAS Executive Committee.
Conditions of Grant:
- Must show proof of completion of coursework (i.e. copy of transcript)
- If, for any reason, the recipient is unable to complete the coursework, the recipient must refund the total amount of money received.
Recipients can expect to receive their grant payment no later than October 15 of the membership year.
Please contact Ken Orenic at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.