Wheaton College is seeking to hire an Access Services Supervisor. This position is responsible for the oversight of Buswell Memorial Library’s access services including circulation services, interlibrary loan, stacks maintenance, and the public spaces. The Circulation Services Supervisor reports to the Group Leader for Access, Instruction, and Research, directly supervises up to 2.5 staff and over 30 student workers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs and manages the access services staff and student employee team; provides collaborative leadership for new circulation-related initiatives and services.
- Oversees the implementation of access services policies, procedures, and library hours, and communicates with colleagues and patrons regarding related matters.
- Represents circulation services in Buswell planning groups and external library groups; keeps up-to-date with best practices.
- Develops training materials and process aids, establishes effective workflows and protocols; Trains and supervises access services staff and student workers.
- Manages all aspects of circulation and patron records. Creates special and visitor borrower accounts. Gathers and reports data including monthly and annual statistics reports and other data as needed.
- Manages the settings and functions of the library circulation management and interlibrary loan software systems.
- Oversees the physical environment of the library’s public spaces and coordinates room scheduling; ensures library patron equipment is functioning and supplies are available.
- Prepares library webpages related to circulation services; updates the library calendar and hours display, and drafts proposed announcements for advertising changes in library hours or services.
- Tabulates daily cash and credit card transactions, monitors the supply of bills and coins, makes bank exchanges as necessary.
This job description is intended to represent key areas of responsibilities; specific assignments may vary from time to time, and other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MSIS or MLS preferred.
- Circulation-related library and supervisory experience required.
- Familiarity with a learning management system (e.g. Schoology, Canvas, Blackboard, etc.), Alma, PrimoVE, ILLiad, and/or OCLC ILL processes or similar library systems desired
- Familiar with library consortia interlibrary loan workflows (e.g. CARLI (I-Share), OHIOLINK, etc.)
- Highly accurate with data and detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills
The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds, to push or pull wheeled carts loaded with books, and to correctly distinguish letters and numbers printed on physical books and labels.