Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: The Systems Librarian supports learning by serving as the functional expert on all of the library’s software, systems, and E-resources, which are essential to user access and discovery.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- The Systems Librarian provides leadership and management of digital library resources (integrated library system, discovery service, research databases, remote authentication), administers the public facing calendar, sets up and maintains accounts for library systems, manages updates to library technologies, and troubleshoots all library software. This position will work collaboratively with other librarians to provide reference, instructional services, and collection development. The successful candidate will have excellent technical knowledge as well as experience providing excellent customer service while demonstrating integrity and valuing diversity in the workplace.
- Serves as the technical lead for all ILS modules (Alma – acquisitions, circulation, and analytics). Serves as the I-Share liaison to CARLI.
- Manages the discovery system (PrimoVE) to include configurations, troubleshooting, training, analytics, and documentation.
- Gathers statistics, extracts and organizes data, and creates reports for print, electronic, and digital library resources for assessment.
- Manages research databases including troubleshooting, usage data, and remote authentication (Open Athens).
- Collaborates with ITS in regard to system capabilities and functionality, forwarding requests for system modifications and/or enhancements to the vendor, and escalating and communicating issues as appropriate.
- Provides reference assistance to students, faculty, and staff both in-person and online.
- Participates in university meetings, committees, and projects.
- Other duties as assigned commensurate to the position.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Information Science or Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited program.
- Demonstrated experience (relevant coursework accepted) in electronic resource management. Experience in academic libraries is preferred.
- A collaborative disposition. Willingness to work with library colleagues in a rapidly changing information environment. Ability to work collaboratively with other campus departments and individuals.
- Dedication to teamwork. We are a small department where each person contributes unique talents to the whole. Flexibility and acceptance of change are necessary.
- Communicates effectively to student patrons, co-workers, and the campus community both orally and in writing.
- May include prolonged periods of sitting and extensive use of technology.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.