Evening/Weekend Reference Librarian (Part – Time)
This is a part-time position. Seeking an energetic individual with a pleasant personality to work as a Reference Librarian with knowledge of both electronic and traditional reference sources, the ability to trouble-shoot computer problems, be able to supervise support staff and student workers, able to teach evening information literacy classes, provide tour information to interested groups, and assist with small projects when assigned.
- Oversees the library’s operations which include reference, circulation, reserves and instructional services.
- Supervises support staff and student assistants.
- Answers user questions.
- Opens and closes library.
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
- Supports mission, vision and values.
- A Master’s degree in Library Science or current enrollment with significant progress toward degree completion.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations in a professional manner.
- Previous library experience.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Schedule during the traditional school year: Tuesday and Thursday 4 pm – 10:30 pm and Saturdays 12:00 – 5:00 pm., with reduced summer and January Term hours. (May 20 to August 20 & January Term)
Please see the full job description for more information and to apply: https://elmhurst.simplehire.com/postings/1414