Information Services Librarian
Aurora University seeks talented staff and administrators who are passionate about supporting an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
Position Purpose: Information Services Librarian supports learning by efficiently meeting the information and research needs of the Aurora University community.
- Represents Aurora University in the most positive manner with prospective, former and current students, clients, suppliers, and the community we serve. Interacts effectively with a diverse group of faculty, staff, students and other customers of our service, learns and uses operating practices of the department and Aurora University.
- Upholds the Mission Statement: Aurora University an inclusive community dedicated to the transformative power of learning.
- Handles all information with tact and discretion and recognizes the confidential nature of university business.
- Supports learning through performance of essential job functions and performing other duties and functions as necessary or as assigned.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides reference services (nights and weekends) at our Information service desk via in¬ person consultations, Zoom consultations, phone and chat.
- Keeps up-to-date on library services and works in collaboration with other staff to initiate new services.
- Monitors student workers and assists with circulation questions.
- May assist in collection development, interlibrary loan, and other library services.
Essential Job Requirements:
- Enrolled in or graduate of ALA accredited master’s degree in library or information science.
- Library reference experience or relevant course work required. Academic library experience preferred.
- Proficient with database searching techniques. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite. Ability to provide excellent customer service. Troubleshoot computers, printers, scanners, photocopiers and fax. Knowledge of LibGuides, and LibChat preferred.
- Ability to lift 50lbs; May include prolonged periods of sitting or standing. Ability to move about the library.
Benefit-eligible positions offer excellent benefits including health, dental, life, vision, long term disability, a 403(b) retirement plan through TIAA, and tuition remission. Please send resume with cover letter and contact information for three references including name, telephone and email address.
347 South Gladstone Ave
Aurora, IL 60506
630-844-5650 – fax
email@example.com – email
Learn more at: https://aurora.edu/hr/jobs/info-svc-librarian.html