ACCESS AND OUTREACH LIBRARIAN
The Access and Outreach Librarian will provide leadership of access services, including circulation, copyright, resource sharing, and collection development, as well as coordinate access to Donnelley & Lee Library with attention to equity and inclusion for people of historically marginalized identities. Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate all aspects of the circulation desk, including coordinating the staff, creating best practices & policies, conducting training, assessing, and reporting.
- Support the use of library collections by campus community and visiting patrons—including I-Share member patrons, visiting researchers, and community patrons.
- Work with ILL Coordinator to provide access services and consortial lending.
- Coordinate and support access to Donnelley and Lee Library spaces, including managing hours, technology & equipment access, and signage.
- Manage and grow reserves program with a focus on affordability and sustainability to promote equitable access for students, recognizing economic equity and inclusion.
- Maintain, track, and forecast budget for access services and outreach.
- Lead outreach and programming to support student success, with specific emphasis on inclusion for students of historically marginalized identities, and accessibility.
- Supervise and collaborate with the access services staff to coordinate student staff recruitment, hiring, training, management, support, retention, and promotion. Engaging student staff in mentoring and library projects that support their interests and goals.
- Supervise and build skills of access services staff by creating and sustaining an affirming, ethical, creative, and collaborative environment.
- Participate in campus committees, reference, and instruction as needed or assigned.
This position will interact with the Registrar, Business Office, Public Safety, IT, as well as faculty and staff from Academic Departments.
- 3-5 years of experience in access services.
- Ability to foster excellence in centering equity and inclusion in work with students, in management practice, and access services.
- Experience with collection assessment, development, and reporting.
- Undergraduate degree and/or continuing education.
- Master’s in Library and Information Science strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated supervisory and mentoring experience.
- Experience designing and leading outreach and educational programs.
- Familiarity with Alma library systems platform preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite & Teams.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Cathy Mayer, Director of the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org). Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until a successful candidate is found.
A highly selective liberal arts college located on Chicago’s North Shore, Lake Forest College enrolls approximately 1,600 students from over 40 states and 70 countries. Lake Forest College is one of the most diverse small colleges in the Midwest, with nearly 40% of our student body comprised of domestic minority and international students. Lake Forest College embraces diversity and encourages applications from women, members of historically underrepresented groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities. For more information about Lake Forest College, visit www.lakeforest.edu.